We are excited to welcome you to our virtual school family! We have been working hard to prepare to provide your student with an outstanding educational experience which will be offered through our new fully virtual learning environment. We are pleased to offer a robust virtual learning opportunity for our students.
We want to make sure families are aware of some of the improvements this year in virtual learning compared to last spring.
- Teachers will have live video instruction with students every day.
- Teachers will keep live office hours for students and parents to join and ask questions.
- Instruction will focus on new, rigorous content.
- Assignments will count toward grades and graded based on accuracy and not just completion.
- Attendance will be taken daily.
- We will have high expectations for student learning and attendance.
- Students will have between one and two hours of live instruction with their teacher and then an additional 1.5 to 3 hours of independent work time depending on their grade.
Just like with in-person instruction, your child will experience the most success when the school and family partner together. This is a new experience for all of us, and we are committed to making sure your child gets the most out of their virtual instruction!