25 Jan 2020 Concord District Science Fair
District Science Fair winners announced
The 2020 Concord District Science Fair featured student projects ranging from gummy bear experiments to plant growth, and wind speed to the strength of electromagnetics. The event was held Saturday, January 25, at Concord Intermediate School.
Best of Show was awarded to Concord Ox Bow fourth-grader Matthew Gunawan for his project titled “How does a flap affect the distance of a plane?”
The Concord Science Fair features science fair projects completed by students first through fourth grade from the district’s four elementary schools — Concord East Side, Concord Ox Bow, Concord South Side and Concord West Side.
To be eligible for the district-level science fair, students must first compete at their school. The top five student projects from each first- and second-grade group and third- and fourth-grade group move on to this district event.
The top 10 student projects in the third- and fourth-grade group will compete in the Regional Science and Engineering Fair on Feb. 29 at the University of Notre Dame.
The top five student projects from grades 5 and 6 will automatically move on to the regional competition.
- Matthew Gunawan (Best of Show), Ox Bow Elementary
- Braylee Brosamer, South Side Elementary
- Tyson Amezquita, Ox Bow Elementary
- Avery Spicher, Ox Bow Elementary
- Sophia German / Garrett Trovatore, West Side Elementary
- Alyssa Mascola, Ox Bow Elementary
- Jackson Molnar, South Side Elementary
- Byron Morelock, South Side Elementary
- Nathan Wheeler, South Side Elementary
- Carly Clauss, East Side Elementary
- Delaney Wesdorp, Ox Bow Elementary
- Ella Merrill, West Side Elementary
- Julianna Moore, South Side Elementary
- Mary-Jane Andersen, Ox Bow Elementary
- Kinsley Doyle, East Side Elementary